Guide to Graduation Paperwork at the Department of English
PRE- AND POST-VIVA PROCEDURE
Pursuant to the Master’s Thesis Resolution of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Zagreb, student proceeds to viva examination (thesis defence) upon completion of all prescribed requirements of a specific graduate programme of the Department of English.
1. The Graduation Form (hereinafter: the Yellow Form) is collected from the Administration Office of the English Department (see office hours below).
2. The Certificate verifying completion of all graduate programme requirements, i.e. exams, (hereinafter: the Certificate) is collected from the Registrar’s Office.
3. The Yellow Form must be completed pursuant to the guidelines below.
4. The Yellow Form must be submitted for verification to the chairs/heads of graduate programmes listed below.
5. The Yellow Form and the Certificate must be verified by the Head of the Department of English.
6. The Yellow Form and the Certificate must be presented to the supervisor prior to the setting of the viva examination date.
1. The Yellow Form and the Certificate must be verified by the Head of the Department of English. The former form is returned to the Administration Office of the Department of English.
2. Students send their Master’s Theses in word.doc or .pdf form to firstname.lastname@example.org to be archived in the Digital Repository of the Faculty. Students must also complete the Repository Statement (available only in Croatian) and submit it to the Administration Office of the Department of English.
The completed Yellow Form is submitted for verification to the following chairs and/or heads of graduate programmes:
– Prof. Višnja Josipović Smojver (graduate programme in linguistics)
– Prof. Renata Geld (graduate programme in TEFL)
– Prof. Stipe Grgas (graduate programme in American literature and culture)
– Prof. Tatjana Jukić (graduate programme in English literature and culture)
– Asst. Prof. Nataša Pavlović (graduate programme in translation)
Collection of the Yellow Form:
The Administration Office of the Department of English (B-010):
Mon-Fri 10:00am-12:00am, 01:00pm-03:00pm
GUIDELINES FOR COMPLETION OF THE YELLOW FORM
(PLEASE WRITE IN BLOCK LETTERS)
|FULL NAME – SPECIALIZATION
instructor’s last name – course title – grade – ECTS points
ŽIC FUCHS: KOGNITIVNA LINGVISTIKA IZVRSTAN (5) – 5 ECTS POINTS