|2006-2010||director of studies of Doctoral Programme in FL Education|
|2000-2014||SLA and TEFL Chair|
|2000-2002||Head of Department of English|
|1991||PhD (dissertation title: Teaching EFL and motivation to learn)|
|1985-2014||member of Department of English|
|1985||MSc (thesis title: Comparison of GE and ESP syntactic structures)|
|1981-1985||teacher of EFL at Centar za strane jezike Vodnikova, Zagreb|
|1977-1981||teacher of EFL and Russian at the secondary school in Grubišno polje|
|1977||MA in English Language and Literature and Russian|
second language acquisition; early language learning; individual differences in language learning; FL teacher education
Glottodidactics; English Language Teaching Methodology; Teaching English as a Foreign Language; Individual Differences in Language Acquisition; Learning English at an Early School Age
Research Methodolgy in FL Education; Designing Research Papers and Presentation Skills; Age Factor; Impact of Age on Second Language Acquisition; Individual Learner Differences and FL Teaching
2010 – member of the Croatian Academy of Educational Sciences
2006 – University of Zagreb Certificate of Merit for promoting international cooperation (as a member of the SLA and TEFL Section)
2002 – Faculty Medal
1994-1995 – president of the Croatian Association of Applied Linguistics
1996-1999 – editor-in-chief of Strani jezici
1997 – Croatian Association of Open Universities Certificate of Merit
· Mihaljević Djigunović, J. (2003) Strah od stranoga jezika[Foreign language anxiety], Zagreb: Naklada Ljevak.
· Mihaljević Djigunović, J. (1998) Uloga afektivnih faktora u učenju drugoga jezika [Role of affective factors in FLL]. Zagreb: Filozofski fakultet Sveučilišta u Zagrebu.
· Nikolov, M., Mihaljević Djigunović, J., Mattheoudakis, M., Lundberg, G. and Flanagan, T. (2007) Teaching Modern Languages to Young Learners, Graz: ECML.
· Foster-Cohen, S., Medved Krajnović, M. andi Mihaljević Djigunović, J. (2006) EUROSLA yearbook 6, Amsterdam/Philadelphia: John Benjamins Publishing Company.
· Mihaljević Djigunović, J. i Pintarić, N. (1995) Prevođenje – suvremena strujanja i tendencije [Translation – current trend and tendencies]. Zagreb: HDPL.
· Mihaljević Djigunović, J. and Pintarić, N. (1994) Primijenjena lingvistika danas [Applied linguistics today]. Zagreb: HDPL.
· Mihaljević Djigunović, J. & Lopriore, L. (2011) The learner: do individual differences matter? In: J. Enever (ed.) ELLiE: Early language learning in Europe, 29-45. London, UK: The British Council.
· Mihaljević Djigunović, J. (2009) Individual differences in early language programmes. In: M. Nikolov (ed.), The age factor and early language learning, 199-225. Berlin-New York: Mouton de Gruyter.
· Mihaljević Djigunović, J. (2008) Young Croatian Language Learners. In: M. Dooley & D. Eastman (ed.), ‘How We’re Going About It’: Teachers’ Voices on Innovative Approaches to Teaching and Learning Languages, 261-270. Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
· Mihaljević Djigunović, J. (2006) Language anxiety and language processing. In: S. Foster-Cohen, M. Medved Krajnović & J. Mihaljević Djigunović (eds.) EUROSLA Yearbook 6, 191-212. Amsterdam/Philadelphia: John Benjamins Publishing Company.
· Nikolov, M. and Mihaljević Djigunović, J. (2011) All shades of every color: an overview of early teaching and learning of foreign languages. Annual Review of Applied Linguistics, 31: 95-119.
· Mihaljević Djigunović, J. (2010) Starting age and L1 and L2 interaction. International Journal of Bilingualism 14(3): 303-314.
· Mihaljević Djigunović, J., Nikolov, M. and Ottó, I. (2008) A comparative study of Croatian and Hungarian EFL students, Language Teaching Research, 12(3): 433–452.
· Nikolov, M. and Mihaljević Djigunović, J. (2006) Recent research on age, second language acquisition, and early foreign language learning, ARAL, 26: 234-260.
· Mihaljević Djigunović, J. (2001) Are language learning strategies motivation-specific?, Orbis linguarum, 18: 167-180.